The Spiš Museum
The Museum of the Spiš region in Spišská Nová Ves seats in the historical building of the former medieval Town Hall since 1954. Expositions in Markušovce and Smižany are branches of this museum.
Premises of the Spiš Museum are re-opened after extensive reconstruction.
- History of the Provincial House
The exhibition represents the period of existence of the Province of 16 Spiš towns, the centre of which Spišská Nová Ves was between 1774 - 1876. As a part of the exhibition you can see a new model of the Provincial House, made by Franz Bartl´s design from 1786 in the scale 1:50.
- The Best of the Spiš Nature
Exhibition focusing on the nature of the Spiš region is full of interesting facts about plants and animals which can be found in this region. Open from May 4, 2018.
Additional exposures of the Museum available to visitors:
Dardanely Summer-House, Michalská 59, Markušovce
- Exhibition of antique furniture
- Exposition of clavier musical instruments summer-house Dardanelles
Smižany Ethnic Museum, Krátka 5, Smižany
- Small exhibition of Spiš nature
- Exhibition of folk culture of central Spiš
Ján Nálepka’s House of Birth, Nálepkova 87, Smižany