The Evangelical church with the oldest extant library in the Spiš region
The Evangelical church was built in the years 1790 - 1796. The church has a ground plan of the cross and was built in a classicist style. It is the so-called Toleration type of the Evangelical church.
A place full of classical and organ music
Its interior is decorated with an altar picture of Christ praying on the Mount of Olives from 1797 by Ján Jakub Stunder, a painter from Copenhagen, and an alabaster relief depicting the conversation of Christ with the Samaritan woman at the well. Church pews of larch were made in 1797 by the carver Thomas Thern. The organ was made in 1822-1823 by master Friedrich Deutschmann from Vienna.
The church is, thanks to its excellent acoustics, a favourite place for organizing concerts and festivals of classical and organ music (for example the International Organ Festival of Ivan Sokol).
A place where Genius temporis dominates
In the chorus of the church, there is a valuable library of the former Evangelical grammar school in Spišská Nová Ves, where the smell of past centuries literally breathes with each letter of the thousands of titles.
Since July 2013, the original statues of four Evangelists - St. John, St. Luke, St. Mark and St. Matthew, that used to be installed above the cemetery entrance facade have been placed in the church.