It is built to symbolically highlight some of the traditional Byzantine elements, while from the outside it looks modern. Noteworthy is the sacral interior decoration. The nave and the sanctuary are separated by the figurative wall called iconostasis - The Holy Scripture in icons, written by Ukrainian masters from Lviv.
The church is also the only church in Slovakia, the sacred decorations of which consist of a modern impressive mosaic according to the school of Father Mark Rupnik from Centro Aletti in Rome. His work can be admired in Lourdes, Fatima or Vatican city.
The author of the mosaic from natural materials in Spišská Nová Ves, which is placed in the altar part and chorus, is Father Kamil Dráb. The cathedral is among the youngest sacral buildings in the town (built 1991 - 1997).
Spišská Nová Ves
- Reduta - exterior
- Reduta - theatre
- Reduta - Concert Hall
- The Roman-Catholic Parish Church - exterior
- The Roman-Catholic Parish Church - interior
- The highest church tower (87m)
- Town hall and the place of wishes
- Town hall - interior
- The Evangelical church - exterior
- The Evangelical church - interior
- The Roman-Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary
- Statue of Captain Nalepka
- The Provincial House
- The Roman-Catholic Church of Divine Mercy
- Exhibition of gifts received by Pope John Paul II.
- The Municipal Office and Štefánik
- The Jewish cemetery
- The Greek-Catholic Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Lord
- The Spiš artists’ Gallery - interior
- The Spiš artists’ Gallery - exterior