The current name of the building recalls the times when Spišská Nová Ves was the capital of the Province of XIII, later on the XVI Spiš Towns, and when it was the seat of the administrative and judicial authorities of the province (1774 - 1776, 1785 - 1791, 1850 - 1861). The building used to be the town hall from the middle ages until 1777.
It attracts visitors to the town by its front façade with the so-called Levoča´s Gate and with the coat of arms of the Province of XVI Spiš Towns from 1774, carved in stone. Rococo stucco decorations of the Provincial House with six cartouches symbolically express the virtues that town or province officials had to have.
- PONDERE SOLO - Only according to relevance
- UTQUIS MERETUR - According to merit
- SUUM CUIQUE - To each of his own
- DIE NOCTUQUE - In day and at night
- IN SOMNIS CUSTOS - Custodian of dreams
- HINC OCULOS NUSQUAM - Do not look away
The meaning of these inscriptions briefly explain the following: To perform his duties, an official (execution of justice - to each of his own) must adhere to the only material (only according to the relevance) and moral (according to merit) nature of a matter, and neither in dreams (custodian of dreams) nor under any circumstances (in day and at night) he must not evade the law (do not look away).
At present, there is the Spiš Museum in the building.
Spišská Nová Ves
- Reduta - exterior
- Reduta - theatre
- Reduta - Concert Hall
- The Roman-Catholic Parish Church - exterior
- The Roman-Catholic Parish Church - interior
- The highest church tower (87m)
- Town hall and the place of wishes
- Town hall - interior
- The Evangelical church - exterior
- The Evangelical church - interior
- The Roman-Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary
- Statue of Captain Nalepka
- The Provincial House
- The Roman-Catholic Church of Divine Mercy
- Exhibition of gifts received by Pope John Paul II.
- The Municipal Office and Štefánik
- The Jewish cemetery
- The Greek-Catholic Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Lord
- The Spiš artists’ Gallery - interior
- The Spiš artists’ Gallery - exterior