The Maria Column with the statue of the Immaculate Virgin Mary - Immaculata has had its place right in the heart of the town, in front of the parish church, since 1724.
It was built on the basis of a donation of the then Polish mayor Teodor Konstantin Lubomirski. It is the oldest of the Maria columns which this Count had built in the years 1724 - 1730 in further Spiš towns during the period of the so-called Polish Lease.
Immaculata in Spišská Nová Ves was made by the sculptor Friedrich Horn. During the years 2009 - 2010 there was a renovation of this national cultural monument carried out in the studio of the sculptor Štefan Kovaľ from Vyšné Ružbachy.
In addition to its comprehensive reconstruction he also created a new identical sculpture of the Immaculata, which is now placed at the renovated Maria Column. The restored original Immaculata can be seen in the premises of the Town Hall.
Radničné námestie 6,
Spišská Nová Ves
- Reduta - exterior
- Reduta - theatre
- Reduta - Concert Hall
- The Roman-Catholic Parish Church - exterior
- The Roman-Catholic Parish Church - interior
- The highest church tower (87m)
- Town hall and the place of wishes
- Town hall - interior
- The Evangelical church - exterior
- The Evangelical church - interior
- The Roman-Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary
- Statue of Captain Nalepka
- The Provincial House
- The Roman-Catholic Church of Divine Mercy
- Exhibition of gifts received by Pope John Paul II.
- The Municipal Office and Štefánik
- The Jewish cemetery
- The Greek-Catholic Cathedral of the Transfiguration of the Lord
- The Spiš artists’ Gallery - interior
- The Spiš artists’ Gallery - exterior